Hubby, a die-hard fruit lover, bought two pomegranates which turned out to be less sweet than we would have liked. Now, a pomegranate is a sacred commodity in our house as my health-freak of a better-half loves to chant to me, the benefits of this wonder fruit.
- It is loaded in anti-oxidants
- It is rich in Vitamin A, C, E and K
- It is rich in Minerals like Calcium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Iron and Folic acid.
- It is good for heart
- It helps in maintaining the blood sugar level
- It helps in maintaining the blood Pressure
- It is good for hair and skin………….
So to summarize, we in our house, can never throw away this sacred fruit. This is the reason that I decided to make a refreshing Summer Mocktail with it!
The Mocktail turned out superb and I had never imagined that something so wonderful could be made out of the leftover pomegranate seeds in my refrigerator. Hubby liked it so much that in the five minutes I was not in the room, he polished off my Mocktail too. Hmph!
This drink is perfect for summers and it is somewhat like a Mojito because it has all the elements of a Mojito, except for the alcohol.
Give this amazing beverage a go friends, and enjoy! Happy Summer!
– Seeds of two pomegranates
– 1 tbsn Brown Sugar or Honey
– Juice of 1 lemon
– A bunch of fresh Mint leaves
– Some Lemon wedges
– Sparkling Water or Soda
– Some Ice-cubes
– Some sugar spread out in the plate, for coating the rim
– Preserve a spoonful of pomegranate seeds in a dry bowl and set aside.
– In a blender, blend together the remaining pomegranate seeds, lime juice, sugar/honey, and Soda to a smooth mix.
– Sieve and discard the solids. Set aside the sieved liquid!
– In a mortar, crush some mint leaves and lemon wedges to a coarse texture.
– In a large jug, throw in your crushed mint leaves and lemon wedges. Also throw in the ice-cubes.
– Pour in your blended pomegranate smoothie on top of them.
– Add some more soda and mix everything together. Adjust the sweetness of sugar/honey, according to your own preference. Set aside.
– Take the bowl containing the loose pomegranate seeds that we had saved, and with a spoon, crush them until they ooze out their juice. Preserve the juice and throwaway the seeds.
– Take a glass and inverting it, dip the rim in the pomegranate juice in the bowl, from the above step.
– Immediately, dip the rim in the sugar spread out in the plate so that it coats the juice entirely, giving the rim an attractive coating of sugar all over.
– Pour your mocktail in the glasses and add some more torn mint leaves and a lemon wedge in each glass for additional flavour.
– Serve immediately and Enjoy!
– You can also use sugar syrup for this Mocktail, instead of honey or brown sugar.
– You can substitute the sparkling water with soda, lemonade, Seven-up or Sprite!
– For a special occasion or a dinner-party, you can add Vodka to this Mocktail and turn it into a delicious cocktail!