Does it ever happen to you that you are browsing internet lazily to pass time, and you chance upon a recipe which makes you jump up from the couch and say-
“Hey! I have all the ingredients for making this yummy treat. Let’s run to the kitchen!!!”
This is what happened with me and this incredible Mocktail.
Hubby, a die-hard fruit lover, bought two pomegranates which turned out to be less sweet than we would have liked. Now, a pomegranate is a sacred commodity in our house as my health-freak of a better-half loves to chant to me, the benefits of this wonder fruit.
- It is loaded in anti-oxidants
- It is rich in Vitamin A, C, E and K
- It is rich in Minerals like Calcium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Iron and Folic acid.
- It is good for heart
- It helps in maintaining the blood sugar level
- It helps in maintaining the blood Pressure
- It is good for hair and skin………….
So to summarize, we in our house, can never throw away this sacred fruit. I kept the seeds in the air-tight container in the refrigerator and forgot about it, for the time-being.
Today, I was browsing Instagram and by chance came across this refreshing looking Pomegranate Mocktail that looked super refreshing and delicious! I started thinking….
Did I have pomegranates? Check
Lets do this!
The Mocktail turned out superb and I had never imagined that something so wonderful could be made out of the leftover pomegranate seeds in my refrigerator. Hubby liked it so much that in the five minutes I was not in the room, he polished off my Mocktail too. Hmph!
This drink is perfect for summers and I call it Mojito Mocktail because it has all the elements of a Mojito, except for the alcohol.
Give this amazing beverage a go friends, and enjoy! Happy Summer!
– Seeds of two pomegranates
– Juice of half a lemon
– A bunch of fresh Mint leaves
– Some Lemon wedges
– A little piece of ginger, peeled
– 3-4 tbsp of Honey
– 1 tsp of Salt
– Sparkling Water
– 2-3 tbsn of still water
– Some Ice-cubes
– Some sugar spread out in the plate, for coating the rim
– Preserve a spoonful of pomegranate seeds in a dry bowl and set aside.
– In a blender, blend together the remaining pomegranate seeds, lime juice, honey, salt, ginger and your still water, to a smooth mix.
– Sieve to get rid of the solids. Discard the solids. Set aside the sieved smoothie!
– Taking a rolling pin, crush some mint leaves and lemon wedges to a coarse texture.
– In a large jug, throw in your crushed mint leaves and lemon wedges.
– Pour in your blended pomegranate smoothie on top of them.
– Add some sparkling water or soda and mix everything together. Adjust the sweetness of honey and the salt, according to your own preference. Set aside.
– Take the bowl containing the loose pomegranate seeds that we had saved, and with a spoon, crush them until they ooze out their juice. Preserve the juice and throwaway the seeds.
– Take a glass and inverting it, dip the rim in the pomegranate juice in the bowl, from the above step.
– Immediately, dip the rim in the sugar spread out in the plate so that it coats the juice entirely, giving the rim an attractive coating of sugar all over.
– Pour your mocktail in the glasses and add some more torn mint leaves and a lemon wedge in each glass for additional flavour.
– Add the ice-cubes to the glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!
– You can also use sugar syrup for this Mocktail, but I really loved the flavor of honey in this particular preparation.
– You can substitute the sparkling water with soda, lemonade, Seven-up or Sprite!
– For a special occasion or a dinner-party, you can add vodka to this Mocktail and turn it into a delicious cocktail!