Hello fellow bloggers!
I have had a veryyy frustrating morning! My yesterday’s blog post on Dabeli went crazy on me and collapsed due to some unknown, weird reason and I had to delete it from my blog as well as from my Facebook page and Instagram. I had to re-post it and am since grieving for all the lovely comments and likes that went away with the trashed post. I was whining away to hubby on the phone and he told me to distract myself by doing something positive.
Well, what can be more positive than thanking all you amazing people for the various awards you guys nominated me for? A little late but here goes… 😉
I was nominated for “One Lovely Blog Award” by three lovely ladies-
Malini of Malini’s Space– https://malinispace.com/
Priya of Indian Kitchen– https://arusuvaiunavu.wordpress.com/
Sharon of Leadership to Mommyship– https://leadership2mommyship.com/home/
They all have wonderful, informative and elaborate blogs and I am very humbled that they thought of me and afoodiehousewife, worthy of nominating. Thank you ladies! It’s extremely heart-warming for me! You all are amazing!
I was also nominated for a “Mystery Blogger award” by-
Neetu of Neetu’s Kitchen- https://neetuskitchen.wordpress.com/
Nisha of InspiresN- https://inspiresn.wordpress.com/
Ellanor of Stray Gourmet– https://straygourmet.wordpress.com/
They are all lovely girls with superb blogs! Do visit their space and you will fall in love with their recipes.
If I have left out any award, nomination or a blogger from mentioning here, I request you to please let me know! I will edit and correct my mistake at the earliest!
So, for the “One lovely blog award”, I have to state 7 facts about myself. Hmm…Let me see-
- I am a gigantic foodie. My hubby says that if he would have known about the extent of my love for food before marriage, he would have thought 1000 times before taking the plunge! Most of our fights are regarding food where I want to go out for dinner and he wants to stay at home.
- I am a voracious reader. I have had spectacles since I was 11 years old because I used to read so much as a kid too. I have never been able to enjoy e-books or kindle. Books need to be books for me to enjoy!
- I started blogging with my travel blog- anoldsole where I wrote about various destinations I traveled to. I started afoodiehousewife in October 2016 and have enjoyed the ride immensely since that very day!
- I am literally an old soul because I have never enjoyed music and movies of the current times, even as a kid. I love listening to old songs and watching old movies. I have seen most of the famous Bollywood movies right from the ‘black & white‘ era till the 90s struck. I have seen “Anand“, “Aradhna” and “Chupke Chupke” hundreds of times. Love them!
- I love laughing! All my friends and family call me hyena because of the roaring laugh that I have always had. As a kid, I was thrown out of the class many times because I had no control over the frequency as well as the volume of my laughter. My husband is a shy, serious guy and my blasting laughter is a source of constant irritation for him. I laugh easily…and for that matter, I cry easily too.
- Out of every department in cooking, Baking is my absolute favorite! I love baking cakes and experimenting with different flavorings and decorations. I have never used an electric beater or any equipment for making my batter. My mum’s good friend gave me a basic sponge cake recipe many years ago when I was a teen, and till today, I use the same basic recipe and play with it to my heart’s content.
- I am a massive Rahul Dravid fan. As a teenager, my room was covered with his posters and newspaper clips. I tease my husband that I married him because he resembles Rahul Dravid a lot lol!
For the mystery blogger award, I have to answer these questions by Neetu, Nisha and Ellanor–
Can you describe yourself in a word?
What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Fell in love with my tutor and married him 😉
Which recipe is the quickest according to you when you have unexpected guests?
Vegetable Pulao with Onion & Cucumber Raita
Which is the best memory you have had so far?
When my niece was born.
What stands first in your top priority list?
One thing that you love about yourself ?
I don’t take life too seriously!
What’s the funniest thing that ever happened to you ?
I bought a jacket but forgot to take the tag off it. After a few days, when I was ENTERING the same store, their beeper went off. The store staff was puzzled because that never happens while you are entering a shop lol.
Name the person who inspires you the most ? And why ?
My mum and my mom-in-law. Both have lived a life full of challenges but came through beautifully to give their children a wonderful, wholesome life.
If there was a competition for cooking the best appetizer what would be your choice?
I am a sucker for Chinese food. So the first thing that pops in my mind is a kick-ass Chilly Chicken.
What is the best thing you love about blogging?
You interact with other bloggers, learn from them, learn from your readers’ feedback and the overall process stretches your mind and gives you so much of confidence in yourself! Above all, in my case, it keeps my mind from being idle and rusting.
Where, what, and with who is your vision of a perfect day?
Being with my loved ones, chatting, laughing, eating and just relaxing, maybe over a nice picnic on a warm, sunny day!
What is the most beautiful word in any language, and why?
Peace. If you master the art of being at peace with yourself and the world around you, nothing is going to stray you off your course.
The strangest way you express yourself?
By saying a silent prayer for someone’s well-being, even the random strangers.
Your first thought before you wake up and go to sleep?
Thanking God for yet another beautiful, safe and successful day.
Something, even that you’ve read or heard, that has changed your life forever?
When my husband once got into a petty disagreement with another guy, an elderly well-wisher very wisely advised us to- “Rise above” He told us that these are irrelevant little issues that we will come across many times in our lives and thus, we should rise above them and move forward, looking at the bigger picture. Since that time, I always say to myself “Rise above!” whenever I find myself in an uncomfortable situation.
My most popular posts-
Since this post consists of two different awards, therefore I am leaving out the nominations. I thank all the lovely ladies once again for remembering me and honoring me with their sweet gestures. You all make blogging worthwhile!
Have a great day friends! ❤