I am the biggest fan of all things cheesy, yummy and ‘unhealthy’. Why oh why, do the best things in the world have to be so fattening?? Sob! Sob!
I love the Domino’s cheesy dough-balls sooo much. Each time we order a pizza, hubby begs me to order another appetizer for a change but till date, I have never been able to do that!
It is ridiculously easy to make a similar snack at home. If you make your own pizza dough at home occasionally, just remember to freeze a portion to whip up this quick yet winning appetizer for the next time when your friends come over.
I had frozen a portion from the last time I made home-made pizza, and once the dough was thawed, it took me under 30 minutes to get these little cheesy beauties on the table!
Find the procedure for making my pizza dough here-
You can also use the store-bought pizza dough for this recipe!
Also, along with the cheese, you can also stuff these pizza bites with other toppings like salami, pepperoni, finely chopped onions or bell-pepper. Just be careful about not over-stuffing them, or the dough-balls might break while baking.
Give it a go friends, and enjoy!!
– 1 large portion of fresh/thawed/store-bought Pizza Dough
– Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
– 1-2 tbsn of melted butter
– 3 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 Cloves of Garlic, very finely chopped
– Some Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
– 1 tbsn Italian seasoning
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a baking dish with a little olive oil and set aside.
– On a floured surface, roll out your pizza dough into a thin sheet. Mind that it should not be too thin such that it has holes or breaks up easily.
– Cut the dough into equal-sized squares.
– Place a piece of mozzarella cheese on top of each dough piece.
– Seal the dough shut around the cheese, and place them ‘smooth-side-up’ onto the greased baking dish. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for around 6-7 minutes, for the final rise.
– In the meanwhile, prepare the aromatic and tasty basting oil. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil, chopped garlic and parsley. Mix well. You can also blend it in a food-processor to get a smoother texture.
– With a pastry brush, coat your dough-balls generously with the garlic oil all over the surface. Preserve a little garlic oil for the later use.
– Finally, sprinkle your Italian seasoning and salt and pepper on top of your pizza bites.
– Bake your dough-balls on the middle-shelf for 20-25 minutes, or until they turn a nice shade of golden brown.
– Cool for five minutes and toss them in the leftover garlic oil right before serving.
– Serve hot with the dip of your choice. Enjoy!
– Baking time may vary according to different brands of ovens.
– You can stuff the dough-balls with your favorite meat like pepperoni or salami along with the cheese, but mind that you do not over-stuff the dough-balls.
– You can place these doughballs really close to each other in a baking-dish, so that they bake and turn out as beautiful, pull-apart pizza bites.