Don’t you just love it when the cooking experiments work brilliantly!!
Last night, I made some delicious Chicken tikka Masala, and instead of pairing it with rice, I decided to use it as a sauce for Pasta on a hunch. Topped with some roasted mixed vegetables and lots of parmesan cheese……. and Voila! Indo-Italian spice-fest ready to eaten!
Guys!!! YOU. HAVE. TO. TRY THIS. It worked so well that I am wondering that why didn’t this epiphany come to me sooner. My life has been incomplete without this meal…sob! sob!
On a serious note, this dish is very very easy to put together and a must-try for all the Chicken tikka lovers out there. I could also manage to take a video of the whole process, so I am going to put it up on my Facebook page in a while. You can check it out later today!
Try it friends!! I will be waiting for my Thank you note! 😉 xx
- 2 chicken breasts
- Penne pasta or any pasta of your choice
- Some grated Parmesan cheese
For the Marination-
- 1 cup whisked Natural Yogurt
- 1 tbsn Lemon juice
- 2 tbsn Tandoori masala
For the Tikka Sauce-
- 2 tbsn Oil
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 medium-sized Red onion, chopped
- 3 Pureed tomatoes
- 1 tbsn Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp crushed Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsn Tandoori masala
- Salt, Sugar and Pepper to taste
- Marinate 2 chicken breasts over-night in a mix of yogurt, 2 tsp Tandoori masala and some Lemon juice.
- Next day, cook the chicken breasts in 1 tbsn oil, salt & pepper to taste, till well done. Set aside.
- To make the tikka sauce, heat 2 tbsn oil in a pan.
- Add 1 tsp chopped garlic. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and cook covered for around 5-6 minutes, till they turn translucent.
- Next, add the pureed tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Throw in chilly powder, crushed Kasoori Methi and rest of the Tandoori masala. Mix well.
- Also, add in your tomato ketchup and dried Italian seasoning. Saute for a minute and take off the stove. Cool the mixture completely.
- Blend the onion-tomato mix with 1/4 cup of water,until absolutely smooth. Sieve and transfer back to the pan. Put on simmer.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar as per taste.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts in chunks and add to the sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat and switch off the gas.
- Finally, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- To assemble your dish, place the cooked pasta in a bowl. Pour your yummy chicken tikka sauce generously on top of it. Top with lot of grated parmesan and some roasted vegetables. Serve hot!!