Is it just me…or nowadays everything is gluten-free, vegan, soy-based,oil-free or low fat?? No judgement on anyone’s lifestyle of course! God knows that I need the discipline of controlling my dietary habits the most, but at times, seeing salads and smoothies and fat-free foods on my Insta feed for days at end gets to me. Does no one like Potatoes anymore? or Rice? or Potatoes? 😉
I am obsessed with all form of potatoes and love myself a hot, loaded Baked Potato, heaped with lots of cheesy goodness…mmmmm!
It’s pretty easy to make and u can make them in so many different ways. I personally think that there are some ingredients that really take the potato dishes to another level. For example- garlic and cream. Speaking of baked potatoes, I like mine really garlicky and significantly rich and creamy. Also, Cheddar is the best cheese for this bake. That crisp, yummy layer on top of crinkly baked potato, stuffed to the brim…..now that’s what I call my kinda food.
Try making this next time you are in mood for a cheesy, potatoyee (is that a word? I think not but you get the gist!) meal. You will loveeeeee it! xx
- 2 Long Russet Potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4th cup of cooking Cream
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar
- ¼ cup of Sliced Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Brush the potatoes with some oil all over.
- Bake the potatoes for around 1 hour, until crisp and cooked through.
- Allow the potatoes to cool. Make deep slits in them lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh. Mash and store in a bowl. Set aside the potato shells and the flesh.
- In a small sauce-pan, warm together the milk, cream and butter until the butter is melted and the liquid is hot. DO NOT BOIL!
- Pour mixture over the mashed potatoes along with garlic, salt and pepper. Mix or whip the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Throw in the green onions along with half of the grated cheese and fold gently.
- Fill the potato mixture inside the two potatoes equally.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake them for about 10 minutes or until the cheese on the top is melted.
Serve and Enjoy immediately!