A comforting and delicious platter of tangy Tomato Salsa and chips is such a versatile dish. From Birthday parties to Movies, from dinner parties to Bar food, it is THE. PERFECT. food to serve! I know that many foodies love their nachos with cheese, but I am a tad bit partial to having them with spicy, yummy Salsa.
It’s ridiculously easy to make on a short notice.
In the below shared recipe, I think the ingredient that made a whole bunch of difference was using a small quantity of blended canned tomatoes in its tomato juice, in addition to using fresh cherry tomatoes. I just thought of doing that on a whim and it worked brilliantly! The brand of canned tomatoes I used was- Zia Rosa. (Not a sponsored post!) I just picked it up from the supermarket and I have to say it’s lovely!!
If you have a pack of soft tortillas lying around, you can make your own crispy chips at home very very easily. I have shared the method on the blog in the past. Let me attach the recipe link for you. Check it out!
This is such a great option for the weekend movie night with your beloved or an impromptu get together with friends. Try it amigos! Have a great weekend ahead! xx
- 1 cup good-quality Cherry Tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves or Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Canned tomatoes, blended in Tomato juice
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2-3 tbsn fresh Lemon juice
- A pinch of dried Oregano seasoning (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a large bowl. Cover with a cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Serve with Tortilla chips and lemon wedges! Enjoy!