For me, weekends are all about binging on cheesy, unhealthy foods!
In our house, hubby dearest is a simple, ‘home-cooked-food’ loving kinda guy and I am as opposite from him as two people can ever be!! I love foods of all cuisines and weekends for me are strictly about cooking and devouring the meals that are far different than the boring, routine ones.
Quesadillas are among my most favorite ones in this category. They are so easy to prepare and equally delicious to hog on.
Now, usually I make my quesadillas with chicken filling, but as we have currently turned vegetarian for ten days of Ganesh Chaturthi celebration, this time I made them with Paneer (an Indian cottage cheese).
As I mentioned in my previous post and shared the recipe for the same, I made a large batch of Chinese Schezwan sauce yesterday. So, I stir-fried the cottage-cheese with chopped onions, bell-peppers and a generous dollop of spicy, home-made schezwan sauce…. arranged it on a tortilla…..threw in some mozzarella… *sizzle sizzle* and voila, KICKASS VEGGIE QUESADILLAS!
Find the process of making the sauce in my previous post and try this yummy recipe for the next time when your friends come over for the evening. You won’t regret it!
Give it a go friends and enjoy!
– 2 large Quesadillas
– 2 tbsn home-made or store-bought Spicy Schezwan Sauce
– 1 tbsn vegetable oil
– 1 tbsn butter
– 1 cup Paneer (Indian Cottage-cheese), cut into small cubes
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 1 small bell-pepper, chopped
– 1 cup grated Mozzerella
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Some Olive oil, to brush on tortillas
– In a pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
– Add the chopped onion and bell-pepper and saute for a few minutes, till they turn a bit translucent.
– Add the cottage-cheese pieces and stir-fry for a couple of more minutes.
– Add your schezwan sauce and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame. Adjust the salt according to your preferance. Your spicy and delicious filling for your quesadillas is ready!
– Heat a grill-pan or a normal frying pan to make your quesadillas,on a medium-low heat.
– Add your butter and wait till it melts.
– Place a tortilla on it and lower the flame on low.
– On half of your tortilla, spoon in some prepared schezwan filling evenly.
– Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese generously on top of the filling and also add some salt and pepper.
– Fold the vacant half of the tortilla on top of the tortilla and flip carefully. Let the quesadilla cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, till the cheese melts and the surface is nicely roasted and golden brown. Prepare all your quesadillas this way!
– Cut each quesadilla into two parts and serve hot with dip of your choice. Enjoy!!